Natural Girls Checklist!
So my sister is a newish natural and i went to the hair store the other day to fix her a “welcome to the family packet” of all the natural hair essentials, which inspired me to write this post of all the things a new natural Must own! As you go you will add tons more but just some of the basics
1. A good Shampoo/Conditioner: I enjoy the Burts Bees and Trader Joe Tea Tree Tingle both all natural products.
2. Knee High Sock: For making my handy puff, yes like the sock you wear in ur feet.
3.TIME: Going natural is a big time commitment
4. Youtube: A youtube account and subscription to the naturals of your choice for ideas on how to style and care for your hair! (I follow BeautifulBrwnBabyDol )
5. Leave In Conditioner: A good leave in for when you style and close your hair for the day or at night. I swear by Kinky Curly Knot Today.
6.Bobby Pins for styling
7. Satin Bonnet: For sleeping at night
8. Hair Scarf/Beanie Hat: for those days when you just dont wanna deal w ur hair
9. Spray Bottle/Much water: Spray bottle filled with water and some oil. for when you are styling the hair, it’s best to style when the hair is at least a bit wet, dry hair is harder to style.
10. Oils/Natural butters to add to your deep conditioner, spray bottles and leave ins.
11. Hands: hands to style, hands to wash, hands to braid, hands to finger comb, hands hands hands. you will need your hands! (Or someone elses!)
12. Comb: A wide tooth comb to detangle your hair in the shower.